I found that in the AAR I build, there is no “tree” folder, and from bintray you linked, there is this folder in the archive. I find it is the reason why the AARs I built were very small.
Do you know the cause of the problem?
You didn’t provide any information on the errors/warnings, if any, on the build process. As such, my guess on what has happened is as good as yours and anyone else. All the steps taken by CI to build and publish the AAR to Bintray is reproducible. If you cannot get same result with the same steps then It may be host machine or build environment issue. The steps are not verified yet on Windows host so far, AFAIK. Ideally it should just work since it is Java based.
I have solved most of the issues and got a clean project structure for Android building!
1. The project refers Urho3D as a parallel project and reuses most of the stuff from Urho3D, just like a real library, except for CMake folder. (we can also use soft link to reuse CMake folder of Urho3D)
2. Everything Android related is put in `android’ folder, no pollution to project’s root folder.
3. Android Studio also works
4. Known issue - we have to copy CoreData, Data etc. folders into launcher-app\src\main\assets folder just like Urho3D.
I think the ‘right’ solution might be adding the Urho project as a subproject or something like that (which I don’t think the build system supports at present). As a workaround, you could try something like this:
There may be better ways than this, but I know almost nothing about VS and not that much about CMake.
Since this is off topic and I am also not familiar with VS, I will keep my comment short. The latest release of VS has a some-what working CMake integration in the IDE itself. This new approach does away with generate-solution-file-then-open-solution-file steps all together. Just open the root project containing the CMakeLists.txt. This is how Clion IDE from JetBrains works by the way. In the root CMakeList.txt you can nest other lib projects with their own (root) CMakeLists.txt.
I confirm. I recently moved to windows and I did like @weitjong said. I used vs community 2019. You just need to open cmake file and configure things a bit here and there. The process is guided and cmake is supported well enough.