Fundamental Questions: Building vs. Rendering vs Compiling vs. Coding vs. Running !?

Hi all,

I’m using Urho3D on Raspberry PI. And here is how I use it:

1. First I import some desired models with command line AssetImporter.
  2. Then I write a script code mycode.as like the examples (https://github.com/urho3d/Urho3D/blob/master/bin/Data/Scripts/04_StaticScene.as)
  3. Finally, I run the code with the following command:
    ./Urho3DPlayer /Scripts/mycode.as

But recently I faced some hangs and freezes on Raspberry Pi while running some games, which popped up some fundamental questions for me:

Is this approach the correct way of running the game?
Shall I build or compile or render something before running the code?
Is it optimized to run the mycode.as file!? Or shall I generate another file?
What should I do in order to reduce the load of online real-time rendering of the game? Does building/compiling/rendering the game (before running it) makes it easier and lighter to be run afterwards?
When making animations with 3dsmax, we use high-end computers to design the animation and render it. After that, any low-end and simple computer can play the animation. Now can we use a similar approach? Can I build/compile/render the game in a high-end machine and run the game in a low-end machine?

Sorry for asking so many questions.
Thanks for your time and support.

It depends on what you are doing in the script. Is it possible to share some examples?

Are you creating/destroying a lot of objects? You can get an easy performance boost by reusing objects instead of creating/destroying them.

You can look at the profiler results to narrow down the issue, debugHud->ToggleAll().

You can write Urho programs in C++, which can give a performance boost, although it’s probably not as big of a boost as you might imagine because angelscript performs pretty well already. But for running on Raspberry Pi, maybe it will give a more noticeable improvement.

If you like working with Angelscript, you can move the slow parts to C++ and call it from Angelscript.

Thanks @hdunderscore for your answer.

I use fairly simple codes. Creating a scene and an object, and rotating them. That’s it.

But I didn’t get my answers!
Shall I build my code before running it?
Do we render the game in the build process? Or all the rendering is real-time while playing the game !?