Infested : a survival horror and investigation game

[quote=“Dave82”]
I don’t get that part… :confused:[/quote]
Watch the video, it’s scary!

Some test. Now the scripting works as i expected , so what i need now is adding enemies more models and levels and animations and lots of puzzles and investigation stuff.(Well it’s not piece of cake thats for sure :frowning: )
This demos shows the 3d sound effects , particles , and puzzle solving.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8S7GtCYpns[/video]

And i (hopefully “we” as a friend of mine will also work on the game mostly on story writing and possibly scripting (he’s a H.P Lovecraft fan so… i expect a really great story :smiley:) ) setup a facebook page

facebook.com/infestedgame

Looking good! The background music sounds great and it creeps me out, and I mean that as a complement.

Testing basic Ai behavior (attack of the twenty zombified twins :smiley: ).

Quick PathFinding test. There’s no AI yet , for that i need some additional animations , but the Crowd agents works pretty nice so far :

[video]https://youtu.be/hEdLLpPE4bs[/video]

cool test, mate) keep it up!

Well, that’s looks like a gameplay already. Only needs some blood splatters.

Very cool. Keep up the good work.

Also, never seen a revolver that extracts empty casings with each shot. :slight_smile:

Thanks man ! I hope i can release a demo next month

[quote=“Bananaft”]Well, that’s looks like a gameplay already. Only needs some blood splatters.

Very cool. Keep up the good work.
[/quote]
Thanks ! Few animations more and it is ready for testing

Haha sorry about that :smiley: The sound effect is for another gun… i will fix that :slight_smile:

Can you show/name it? Sounds super wierd. Just couple days ago I’ve learned about Dardick open chamber design. So yeah, there are some.

Well after a small break (busy with life…) i made a video that sums up the gameplay and the design style.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4835XJZY9EM[/video]

And also a small change in the story.We will switch to a “zombie virus outbreak” instead of the “paralell universe” storyline. Simply because there are more potential in it and way more ideas and enemies to work with.
The gameplay and character however remain the same.

cool!) do you planning add some sort of idle animation for character? I see what he absolutely freezes when he it stay on place and when you open “quest” things.

Hi everyone ! I added FPS mode and it works quite nice ! It adds more to game experience and the gameplay is more fluent.I like it more than the TPS mode.

EDIT : Modified the weapon and the hands a bit :

ALMOST READY FOR A DEMO !!!

• Added more convenient inventory system
  • Worked on weapon and hand animations

Unfortunately i’m still busy with life so the development still goes slow… Working on levels… added some dark areas

It’s great that your game is really coming along. Looks great.

I haven’t read all the posts in this thread and it might have been asked already, but your sky - do you use some type of cloud system?

[quote=“Lumak”]It’s great that your game is really coming along. Looks great.

I haven’t read all the posts in this thread and it might have been asked already, but your sky - do you use some type of cloud system?[/quote]

Hi thanks Lumak ! And nope no cloud system is used , it is a simple skybox.

Nice, it looks like 3D clouds. Is it hand painted or generated with some type of tool?

[quote=“Lumak”][quote=“Dave82”]
Hi thanks Lumak ! And nope no cloud system is used , it is a simple skybox.
[/quote]

Nice, it looks like 3D clouds. Is it hand painted or generated with some type of tool?[/quote]

Sorry for the late post… I found this skybox on some free site somewhere by searching for “free skybox textures”

Ok, cool, found some nice images doing the search. Thank you.

Creepy zombified doll attacks the player :slight_smile:

I wish i could have more spare time…

Finished the main character.Looks way better and the color of the clothes fits better in the environment color. it works nice with darker and brighter segments too.It doesn’t pop put like the old character.The character was created with Makehuman (an awesome open source character generator).You still need lots of work to reduce , optimize and modify the character to make it usable in a game but still it’s a great tool.