New Logo / Icon

Nice one!

@TheSHEEEP

Scroll down the home page, name origin explained there. :slight_smile:

urho3d.github.io/

I’ll be honest, I’ve read that description many times, and for some reason I always thought it was talking about a legendary person who hunted fish… and kicked off Urho… It wasn’t until I saw this post that I realized what the fish really meant. :confused: I mean, the description of this mighty fish is pretty epic. Reading, “among the fish”, doesn’t quite register the we’re talking about a fish (in my mind). But this thread has made things much clearer! :slight_smile: Thank you

Thanks for all the (positive) feedback. :slight_smile:

[quote=“cadaver”]This logo is surprisingly (black) metallish, great work!
And since the fish has been dead many years it’s appropriate you see the bones :slight_smile:[/quote]
Urho is even wearing corpse-paint. :wink:
I’m glad you’re not offended by his morbid appearance.

Something like this? Might work well as a patch, too.

Be sure to check out this song.
Cadaver claims it’s just about the fish. To me it’s also about the community. :stuck_out_tongue:[/quote]

Will do!

Something like this? Might work well as a patch, too.

Ah, thank you. I found out that GIMP can import *.svg as contour :slight_smile:

but I like your last variant with black fish

Do you also know that it’s the default format for Inkscape? And that these days SVG is supported by all browsers?

[quote=“Modanung”]
Do you also know that it’s the default format for Inkscape?[/quote]

I never use it :slight_smile:

Alternate versions:

And another one featuring the spirit of Urho. This one also works pretty well on a dark background.

Cool, thanks for these! I believe there should be enough to choose from.

“Disciples of Urho” is indeed about new fish being planted in the tank (now we don’t have it any more) at LudoCraft office, and new battles starting soon after. But yes, I suspect it could also be about the community. :slight_smile:

My pleasure! :slight_smile:

One more then…

@Modanung, I like all your variants, well, except the last one. The new stroke on the ‘r’ reminds me of a Chinese idiom about adding legs after drawing a snake. :wink:

One more then…

hole in letter “O” is filled. Is it intention?

Be sure to check out this song.
Cadaver claims it’s just about the fish. To me it’s also about the community. :stuck_out_tongue:[/quote]

Will do![/quote]

Is this song singed and played by cadaver? :astonished:

My first thought was isis flag :unamused: esspecialy on black background

Well in this case it concerns a fish and his fin. But here’s one without. Also the ghost-version on the previous page has been updated.
Seems to me like that idiom may have shaped their dragons. :slight_smile:

It was to suggest a vertebra in a cross section. But I guess it works just as well without the filling, which has been removed.

Better now, right? :slight_smile:

[quote=“yushli”]
Is this song singed and played by cadaver? :astonished:[/quote]
Yeah, that’s me. Drums are programmed, guitars + bass + vocals actually recorded.

in my opinion last variant luckeyproductions.nl/images/urho3d_nofin.svg is optimal

Sent in as pull request, replacing the logo in the samples.