Random projects shots

Nice! Which HDRI is that? I looks like an HDRI Haven one but I can’t tell which.
EDIT: I think this is the one https://hdrihaven.com/hdri/?c=outdoor&h=kiara_6_afternoon

Hi! Can you explain how to convert hdrihaven textures to urho cubemaps with irradiance maps? Thank you.

There are tools for it. I use cmftStudio. I’ve also seen some people use IBLBaker. Hope this is helpful!

1 Like

@KatekovAnton I use a Blender scene with only a camera and world background for the mapping. The camera is animated to cover all directions over six frames. The file naming could use some automation.

Although in the case of PBR you’d probably want to use the HDRIs directly, instead of turning them into regular images (which do not have a high-dynamic-range).

Also, welcome to the forums! :confetti_ball: :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

That would require writing some sort of custom shader logic for reading a lat-long image, would it not? Converting HDRIs to cubemaps doesn’t mean you have to lose HDR data. You just have to export your resulting cubemap to a format that supports HDR data.

2 Likes

Hi. I was not able to convert with CMFT… I created a separate topic - can you take a look?

@lezak can you give me an example of skybox and converted zone texture?

Thank you

11 posts were merged into an existing topic: Improving and discussing Urho3D’s PBR

Experimenting with particles. Goal was to create a projectile hit effect. In total this effect is composed of 5 particle emitters and decal.

7 Likes

First time sharing screenshots from my project (early prototype):

16 Likes

Fixed a lot of small issues with the Unity to Urho exporter. Now Specular PBR materials exported correctly into Urho3D. Also fog and reflection probes are baked into zones + zone priority is calculated based on zone size (smaller zones has higher priority).

6 Likes

Finished a dagger model. 500 polys

7 Likes

My shitty GTA Vice City port. I wrote some code in 3ds max that converts all mutli/subobject materials to materials that urho3d can understand while keeping their bitmap images.
No vehicles yet.

2 Likes

Made a PBR shader of terrain:

Now it doesn’t look different from the rest of the scene as it used to be.

6 Likes

Imagine vice city with scripting support!

I agree. Alot of things I can do with urho3d

Deferred Decal

deferreddecal

11 Likes

Finally I solved issues with Unity Specular setup shader and SRGB textures. Quite usable result for Urho3D:

6 Likes

5 Likes

Grab a PBR test scene here if you need one:

Also there are more than 300k faces in the scene. Great for raycast optimization tests :wink:

6 Likes

Just finished a low poly ornate chair found textures , created the model… when suddenly , BAMM lightning hits near to my house and restarts my computer. After i rebooted , i could’t open the file… i could scream i was so angry almost 7 hours of work was destroyed. When thankfully found out my autobackup system was turned on so i could load an earlier verson of the model. What a luck. So here it is :

9 Likes