AUTOMATIC SNAKE DISPENSER
The only true way to fix a mice infestation is by shooting snakes at it! This is a neat little
PackageFile I made to showcase this functionality and to experiment with player made objects.
- Radius: Specifies the size.x of the cylinder used for detection
- CooldownDuration: Time in seconds to wait until next launch. Please don’t try setting it to zero
- ImpulseForce: The multiplier used when applying impulse to the snakes
- SnakeRagdollHolder: The Turret shoots ragdoll snakes. This can be a bit taxing on the computer, so you could group them into a node and clean them up periodically.
- TargetTag: Tag to use when searching for target nodes
- SnakeTag: Tag to add to each snake when fired
The Turret in action:
// Exact path may vary cache.AddPackageFile("Data/Packages/SnakeTurret.pak"); Node@ turret = scene.CreateChild(); turret.LoadXML(cast<XMLFile>(cache.GetResource("XMLFile", "SnakeTurret/Objects/SnakeTurret.xml")).root); turret.worldPosition = Vector3::ZERO;
Things to consider:
- I don’t like how it snaps in place. Might use an attribute animation to fix it
- Linear/Angular damping on the snakes might be too low.
- It makes no sound at all. Something to consider.
Everything inside is made by me.