UI Drag Changes

Hey,

I’ve been slowly working on some UI drag changes and am getting closer to pull-request, but wouldn’t mind some tips with how to set up the scripting.

[quote]- Multi-touch drag support

  • Combo press touch support – you get id mask of pressed buttons + number of buttons + the average of their positions
  • Improved drag canceling support

Line edit now has a numeric mode:

  • Supports setting a precision for # of decimal points formatting.
  • Supports drag editing; can set increment amount, increment smoothing, button mask to activate the drag.
  • E_TEXTFINISHED is sent when LineEdit is defocused (press enter, escape, press away from it / finishing a drag).[/quote]

Branch:https://github.com/hdunderscore/Urho3D/tree/drag_clean
Commit with all differences: github.com/hdunderscore/Urho3D/ … 2dd36a7636
An earlier pull-request I closed: github.com/urho3d/Urho3D/pull/473

A summary of changed function signatures:
UI.cpp:
[color=#FF8080]-UIElement* UI::GetDragElement() const[/color]
[color=#008040]+const HashMap<UIElement*, int> UI::GetDragElements()[/color]

UIElement.cpp (and derivatives):
[color=#FF8080]-void Slider::OnDragEnd(const IntVector2& position, const IntVector2& screenPosition, Cursor* cursor)[/color]
[color=#008040]+void Slider::OnDragEnd(const IntVector2& position, const IntVector2& screenPosition, int dragButtons, int buttons, Cursor* cursor)[/color]

A summary of new functions:
UIElement.cpp
[color=#008040]+virtual void OnDragCancel(const IntVector2& position, const IntVector2& screenPosition, int dragButtons, int buttons, Cursor* cursor);[/color]

New event related:
UIEvents.h - E_TEXTFINISHED:
[color=#008040]+ PARAM(P_VALUE, Value); // Float[/color]

UIEvents.h - E_DRAG*:
[color=#008040]+ PARAM(P_BUTTONS, Buttons); // int[/color]
[color=#008040]+ PARAM(P_NUMBUTTONS, NumButtons); // int[/color]

New Exposed attribute accessors:

[code]+ ENUM_ACCESSOR_ATTRIBUTE(LineEdit, “Line Edit Mode”, GetMode, SetMode, LineEditMode, lineEditModes, LEM_ALL, AM_FILE);

  • ACCESSOR_ATTRIBUTE(LineEdit, VAR_INT, “Numeric Precision”, GetNumericPrecision, SetNumericPrecision, unsigned, 4, AM_FILE);
  • ACCESSOR_ATTRIBUTE(LineEdit, VAR_FLOAT, “Value”, GetValue, SetValue, float, 0.0f, AM_FILE);
  • ACCESSOR_ATTRIBUTE(LineEdit, VAR_INT, “Drag Edit Combo”, GetDragEditCombo, SetDragEditCombo, int, MOUSEB_RIGHT, AM_FILE);
  • ACCESSOR_ATTRIBUTE(LineEdit, VAR_FLOAT, “Drag Edit Increment”, GetDragEditIncrement, SetDragEditIncrement, float, 0.1f, AM_FILE);
  • ACCESSOR_ATTRIBUTE(LineEdit, VAR_FLOAT, “Drag Edit Smooth”, GetDragEditSmooth, SetDragEditSmooth, float, 0.1f, AM_FILE);[/code]

There may be other functions that need to be exposed to scripting/attributes, I’ll need to comb over the commit.

Thanks

If the HashMap is problematic, you could alternatively expose a Vector or PODVector of the dragged elements, and make it so that the drag touch ID is retrievable from the element itself.

I made the change, however I am realising that I need to do some extra step (intermediate function converting from vector to array). This is what I have so far:
UI.h:

UIAPI.cpp:

static CScriptArray* UIGetDragElements(UI* ptr)
{
    return VectorToArray(ptr->GetDragElements(), "const Array<UIElement@>");
}

static void RegisterUI(asIScriptEngine* engine) 
{
...
engine->RegisterObjectMethod("UI", "const Array<UIElement@> GetDragElements()", asFUNCTION(UIGetDragElements), asCALL_CDECL_OBJLAST);
...
}

I’ve tried a few variations of the above too, however I get an error when I try to run an application (eg, editor):

[quote]ERROR: :0,0 Failed in call to function ‘RegisterObjectMethod’ with ‘UI’ and ‘const Array<UIElement@> GetDragElements()’ (Code: -10)
ERROR: :0,0 Invalid configuration. Verify the registered application interface.
ERROR: Failed to compile script module Scripts/Editor.as [/quote]

In AngelScript arrays are returned by handle, so your function declaration should be something like “const Array<UIElement@>@ GetDragElements()”. Also, you likely have to use VectorToHandleArray instead so that refcounting of the elements inside the array is handled correctly.

That worked perfectly, thanks for that !

I’ve been busy the last few days, so not many changes. At the moment the biggest issue I have is a hard to track bug that causes editor to crash when saving a new file.

Since it might take a while to get everything ready, I’ll start splitting off the small changes into their own pull-requests which should also help with evaluating the changes.