I download latest Urho3D and create build for Windows 32bit with OpenGL with VisualStudio 2017 CE. Everything is fine, except I can not run project as Windows console application. I twice build Urho with WIN32_CONSOLE option on, without succes.
Here is error when I try build sample as windows Console project.
1>MSVCRTD.lib(exe_main.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _main referenced in function “int __cdecl invoke_main(void)” (?invoke_main@@YAHXZ)
1>D:…\Debug\Test 01.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
1>Done building project “Test 01.vcxproj” – FAILED.
(I am on Windows 7 64bit Home Edition)
More specifics are needed.
- If what you’re after is a custom player application you need to use
URHO3D_DEFINE_APPLICATION_MAIN if you want to use the built in Application class
- However, the player subsystem is windows, as it should be (and has to be for windows sticker passing)
- Is this something you set up in CMake that links Urho3D
- See the RampGenerator tool
Sources/Tools/RampGenerator which links Urho3D for a command-line tool.
- You’re not trying to compile the Urho3D library itself under console subsystem (
/SUBSYSTEM:CONSOLE in VS) are you? You can’t do that trivially.
- Shouldn’t be what you’re doing unless you manually tweaked the generated projects though
Unfortunately this is not working and sample code I use from WIki Documentation (the first one) use it.
But I remember that there is comented custom main() inside sample. I uncomented it and add my class in it and “hop” it is working as console.